fredag 22 april 2011

Wait three days

This beautiful story first appeared in Guideposts in 1956.

On that beautiful Easter Monday morning I noticed the old flower lady sitting in her usual place inside a small archway. At her feet corsages and boutonnieres were parading on top of a spread-open newspaper. The flower lady was smiling, her wrinkled old face alive with some inner joy, and on impulse I said to her, "my, you look happy this morning!"
"Why not?" she answered. "Everything is good."
She was dressed so shabbily and seemed so very old that I couldn't help saying, "Don't you have any troubles?"
"You can't reach my age and not have troubles," she replied. "Only it's like Jesus and Good Friday. When Jesus was crusified on Good Friday, that was the worst day for the whole world. When I get troubles I remember that, and then I think of what happened only three days later - Easter and our Lord arising.
So when things go wrong, I've learned to wait three days... and somehow everthing gets much better."
And she smiled good-buy. But her words still follow me whenever I think I have troubles...
"Give God a chance to help.... wait three days."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar